Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Phone and Phone Photos!

Hello all! I hope you're all doing well. I finally got my phone, after a good 6 week wait. The iPhone 4 has only been out here about 6 weeks, and they're dealing with quite a backlog. I found out that I could have had my phone a bit earlier, as I was waiting for an e-mail notification that wasn't likely coming. Most people are replacing their handphones, so they leave a cell number in order to be notified that their iPhone is ready to be picked up. Since I had no phone I left my e-mail address, and the very helpful, very cute girl who helped me left a note to make sure someone e-mailed me, but it didn't happen. I was getting impatient, so I went down to the KT building in Gwanghwamun where I ordered the phone, and I was happy to learn that I could take my phone home that day.

Other than the obvious calling and texting, I think my favorite thing about it is the camera. I've been taking quite a few photos with it, and I'm going to share some of them with you here!

























The first photo I took with my phone.You can see
the KT Olleh building where I got the phone.



























This was the subway ride back from
Gwanghwamun just after.



























The "Best Photo Zone" in a building with a pizza
and pasta place near work. I had to get a photo of
myself at this spot, because of the sign. I used the
front-facing camera, which is useful for making
photos of myself less horrible. :)





















This shot I took from the Art Room at the school. This faces south
towards Namsan and the downtown.





















This is another shot from the same place, but shifted left a bit. It's
probably my favorite photo from the iPhone so far. I was amazed
at the detail it was able to get.





















This is a truck filled with various stuff that pulled through Hyehwa
while I was there eating with some peeps. Another great thing
about the phone is it's always acessible, so if something neat like
this goes by it's easier to get a photo.



























And this one I took tonight in Hyehwa (which is
becoming my favorite place in the world) when I was
on my way to food. I had sundae bokeum, which
was pretty good for blood sausage fried with veggies,
noodles, and liver. It's not something I'd eat often,
but it was decent.

Yah, so I'm loving the phone so far, and I can already see that I was right about it increasing my blogging. With the ease of photo taking and photos being the driving force behind my blogging, it only makes sense.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment